Cookie Decorating Classes
Learn to Decorate
I provide everything you need to learn to decorate cute, simple cookies by yourself!
No Prep Required
The cookies are baked, the icing is mixed, and you do the fun part. No experience needed!
Try Something New
It's a super fun activity for you and your bestie, your husband, your child, or just a night out for you to learn something new.
New - Curlicue comes to you!
- Cookie classes require a minimum of six participants. The maximum number depends on your space. Everyone needs to be able to sit comfortably and have plenty of room to move, but if your table and your countertop have plenty of space, we can be creative to get more friends in.
- Children and teens are welcome to participate, but in my experience they do better if they are at least 11 years old. The class involves sitting for long periods of time, and younger ones tend to get bored by the pace of the class. Older kids and teens often surprise all of us by being the best at decorating!
- Classes start at $80 per person. The class takes 2-2.5 hours. For beginner classes (Cookie Decorating 101) this includes 8 cookies to decorate, 2 each of four designs. I like to do it this way so you can see immediate improvement after your first one of each design! This also includes a variety of icing colors, sprinkles, and anything else you need for those designs. I send you home with recipes, lots of resources, and some tools to start your cookie decorating fun at home. My classes are typically holiday themed, but I can design a set specifically for your event if you'd like.
- In Cookie Decorating 101 we truly start at the very beginning - how to hold the piping bag, and piping lines and dots on paper. Truly no experience is needed.
- I also offer an icing consistency class where you learn to mix your own icing and what consistencies are best for what techniques.
- Intermediate classes are for more advanced techniques for people who have decorated before but want to increase their skill level by trying new things. We go into texture, airbrushing, stencils, and more detailed piping work.